Thursday 28 February 2008

Postings from St Lucia


Day 60
"Yesterday is HISTORY . Tomorrow is a MYSTERY. Today is a GIFT
That's why it's called the 'PRESENT' "
Unknown



My present to me was an underwater casing for my Fuji Finepix.


********

Day 59
"I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."
Laura Ingalls Wilder

Being a Hummingbird mum is hard work.


When you see the babies at 4 days old.

Then at 10 days old, that is a lot of food to gather.
Isn't nature wonderful?


********
Day 58

“Look at what you've got and make the best of it. It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.”
Proverb

Nature's candle moving on for the night.

********
Day 57
"Joy enters the room. It settles on the windowsill, waiting to see whether it will be welcome here."
Kim Chernin

Not what I expected to find on my windowsill but a stray crisp always tempted her.

********
Day 56
"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you"
Dr Seuss

Just me relaxing and reading a good book.

********
Day 55
"Adopt the peace of nature"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Need I say more!

********
Day 54
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
Audrey Hepburn

These beautiful lips speak for themselves and often non-stop!

********
Day 53
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful"
William Morris

Our "home" for 10 days!

********
Day 52
"Fashions fade, style is eternal"
Yves Saint Laurent

What style . . . . . . My first underwater self-portrait!!!

********

Day 51
"Be the change that you want to see in the world"

Mohandas Ghandi

HAPPY and smiling and doing what I love!
Taking photos.
********
Day 50
For happiness is anyone and anything at all that's loved by you.”
Three of the people who are loved by me.
XXXXXX
********
Day 49
"The Sound of Music"
How could we resist going to this billing of
"Sax on the beach"
********
Day 48
"Edward Scissor Hands"Nathan proved that he did not need scissors to reveal
this coconut.
********
Day 47
"Chocolate"
Chocolate at every stage and yes those white beans and tasted great too!
********
Day 46
"Its a Wonderful Life"

Certainly a wonderful life for this Globetrotter!

********

4 comments:

Barbara said...

wow wonderful, wonderful pics. Love the one in the waterfall. Looks like you had a great time.

Debbie H said...

Shirley what can I say!??! The pics are just perfect for the prompts. My fav was your comments on Edward Scissorhands teehee!!!

Mary B said...

Wowsie wowsie wowsie you have some of the most fantastic photographs I have seen in a long while well done you

Curly said...

Oh Shirley it certainly looks like you found the place of dreams! How absolutely superb, I'm so thrilled you had a lovely time you really deserve it.