Thursday 8 May 2008

May 8th

"Don't ever say you're on your way down,
God gave you style and gave you grace
And put a smile upon your face"
Cold Play
After a day of reflection yesterday,
today is going to be a day for smiling.
********
Smiling
Smiling is infectious,
you catch it like the flu,
When someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner
and someone saw my grin
When he smiled I realized
I'd passed it on to him.
I thought about that smile
then I realized its worth,
A single smile, just like mine
could travel round the earth.
So, if you feel a smile begin,
don't leave it undetected
Let's start an epidemic quick,
and get the world infected!
Everyone needs a smile!
********

11 comments:

Summer Sunflower said...

What a happy contented smiley face today, Shirley. I just love the verse that you have used, that is just so true, hope you have good day.

Paula

Mary B said...

What a lovely photograph of you.
and that poem is wonderful brought tears of emotion to my eyes but made me smile as well.

Barbara said...

Lovely photo of you Shirley. Poem made me smile. Have a great day

knitkath said...

Lovely photo, and you've passed your smile on through cyberspace! Love that poem too!

Minty Magic said...

As always fantastic.

willowthewysp said...

And what a beautiful smile you have too:)

Curly said...

I love this Shirl, your smile certainly is infectious and the verse is beautiful.

Lynne said...

I had forgotten that verse!
A lovely photo today!

Unknown said...

What a fab picture and a lovely poem - it made me smile :0)

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Great smile! Great photo! Great poem!

Amanda said...

Great photo and love the poem too